Waggybytes Technology (“we”, “us”, “our”) is a brand name of Andy Heathershaw, based in the United Kingdom. The legal entity is “Andy Heathershaw trading as Waggybytes Technology.”
What data do we collect?
Waggybytes collects the following data:
- Personal identification information
- First and Last Name
- E-mail address
- Mobile phone number
- Other information
- IP address
- Browser identification string (“user agent”)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide most of the data we collect. We collect and process your data when you:
- Use or view our website or applications via your browser’s cookies
- Register online for a user account at account.waggybytes.com
- Send a message through the contact form on waggybytes.com
- Make a payment using any of our applications (e.g. NodeBeagle, Simply Remind Me)
- Submit a ticket or reply to a ticket at waggybytes.support
We may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- The device you use to access our website or applications
- Our payment partner, Stripe, in the course of processing a payment
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Personalise our website and applications to you
- Verify your identity to prevent fraudulent transactions through our website and applications
- Verify your identity using two-factor authentication to protect your account
- Contact you in reply to a message sent through the contact form or a ticket raised on the help site
- E-mail you with updates about new features to our applications, or update you on the status of our applications
- E-mail you with special offers on our other applications or services we think you might like
We may share your personal data with the partner companies listed below to effectively provide our services.
Data shared: mobile phone number
If you enable two-factor authentication via SMS on your account at account.waggybytes.com, we will share your mobile number with ClickSend to send an authentication code to your phone.
If you set up SMS reminders or voice reminders in Simply Remind Me, we will pass your phone number and name to ClickSend to send your reminder.
Data shared: name, email address
If you subscribe to a newsletter or other marketing-related communications on send.waggybytes.com, we will send any newsletters, product updates or marketing emails to you using Postmark.
Data shared: name, email address
When you make a payment with a credit card in any of our applications, we will pass your name and email address to Stripe to verify your identity and prevent fraudulent transactions.
We do not see your full credit card number or CVV/CV2 code at any time. You enter this data into a page that is hosted on Stripe’s servers, and Stripe never transfers this data to us.
We will never transfer nor sell your data to other companies or organisations for marketing or other unsolicited activity.
How do we store your data?
We securely store your data on our servers and storage devices hosted by Fasthosts in their data centre in Gloucester, UK.
We also backup your data to Backblaze’s data centres in Sacramento, California, USA and Phoenix, Arizona, USA. Your data is encrypted before it leaves the UK, and is stored encrypted at rest. The master encryption key is not shared with Backblaze and Backblaze can not decrypt this data.
We will keep your personal data for as long as your account remains active. An account remains active by logging in at least once every 90 days. We actively remove accounts that have not been logged into for 2 years.
We may send you infrequent updates about products and services you have registered for. These updates are service-related messages and do not constitute marketing.
We do not share your data with any other companies or organisations for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR.) Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Waggybytes Technology for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Waggybytes Technology correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Waggybytes Technology to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
You can make changes to the personal data we hold for you at any time at account.waggybytes.com.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Waggybytes Technology erase your personal data as long as you do not have any active services with us.
You can request that your account is closed and your data erased at any time at account.waggybytes.com.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Waggybytes Technology restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Waggybytes Technology’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Waggybytes Technology transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month in which to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please raise a ticket on our help site, or write to us at:
PO Box 15113
Cookies are text files placed in your web browser to maintain the state of your visit (such as whether you are logged in) and identify you as a visitor. When you visit our website or any of our applications, we may place one or more cookies in your browser to provide the functionality of the application and identify you as a visitor to ensure an optimal experience.
To understand more about cookies, please visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Maintain your current state within an application (such as the page or record you are currently viewing)
- Understanding how you use our website or one of our applications, and how it performed for you
- Understanding how you found our website or one of our applications to optimise our traffic and marketing efforts
What types of cookies do we use?
Whilst there are a number of different types of cookies, we use:
- Functionality – we use these cookies so that we recognise you on our website or applications and remember your previously selected preferences. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Analytics – we use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We never share any aspects of your visits with third-party companies for marketing, analytics or any other purpose.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the allaboutcookies.org website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in most cases, some of our website features or applications may not function as a result.
To manage your settings for our analytics cookies (to opt-out or opt-in of analytics) please visit our Analytics Opt-out page.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
PO Box 15113
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please use their up-to-date contact information available on their website at: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/